Thursday, June 2, 2011

We Have a Heartbeat!

I went in for another ultrasound today. They've been monitoring me pretty closely the last few weeks after our possible miscarriage scare. My hormone levels have been rising but not as quickly as they would have liked so they have been wanting to see a heartbeat. I went in last week and only saw the yolk sac...no baby. Today, about a week later, the change was amazing! As soon as she started the ultrasound there was baby! :) Everything looks great. The heart was beating at 155bpm and the baby measured at 12.1mm long. They gave me my due date and told me for sure how far along I am. Up until now they couldn't give me a definite answer due to the slow progress BUT I am 7 weeks 6 days along and we should be meeting our sweet baby sometime around January 13th 2012. As for the "Threatened Miscarriage" we were told now that we can hear a heartbeat I have a 95% chance of carrying our baby to term. The appointment couldn't have gone better! We are SO thrilled that everything is on track and that baby is healthy. We really are blessed! This was an answer to our prayers and an example to me that our Father in Heaven really does look out for us.

Here's our lil Peanut <3
Here's the heartbeat. It was so awesome to be able to hear it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I am so excited for you! Don't stress to much, I know it is scary to think you might miscarry, but everything works out for a reason! Remember when I lost my baby in AK when I was 15 weeks? (And I miscarried my first baby, before Jake.) Since the last I had Bekah just fine, and now I am 15 weeks, and still a little scared, but I know everything will work out! You are going to be a great mom! I can't wait to see this little one!!! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete